Friday, October 16, 2009

The Lord Weird Slough Feg- Down Among The Deadmen



Slough Feg is one of those bands that I have difficulty talking about because I like them so much that I could talk about them all the live long day and night. I was struggling to decide on which album to post first, but I recently discovered, much to my delight, that they have a song included on the recently released Brutal Legend vidya gaem among other great soundtrack choices. The song happens to be Warriors Dawn off of Down Among The Deadmen, which is a fine choice. I haven't played the full game but the demo looks like a damn fun button masher. And I like button mashers.

Anyways, this album delivers up all the signature Slough Feg goods. Mark Scalzi is probably one of my all time favorite singers in metal. Slough Feg play an incredible form of traditional metal in the vein of older greats like Cirith Ungol and Manilla Road. If you don't know, now is the time to find out.

download

1 comment: