Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Andrew Jackson Jihad- People Who Eat People Are--God This Is Such A Long Album Title

So I went a week without my computer. That doesn't sound like a lot, but consider the monumental role your computer plays in your life. Odds are you are like millions of people who listen to music on their computer, get their news from their computer, watch movies on their computer, watch all their favorite TV shows on their computers, do important work on their computers. All the little things that we scoff at in life and say that we could do without are now contained in one fragile little device that, when taken away, leaves a huge hole in us. We're never the tough survivalist we want to be. We're all whores for convenience.

I'm such a sad person.

But anyways it was quite refreshing to be without my own computer for a week. Honestly the worst part was not being able to listen to music. So after a week without music, I considered what I would post today, and thought of one band that holds a very special place in my heart (but not enough so to keep me from shamelessly downloading their albums).

Last November when the whole world was glued to their televisions watching the results for an election that would change the world, I joined a bored, apathetic, stoned and drunk crowd of losers and hipsters in a little garage to see Andrew Jackson Jihad, the little folk punk band that could from far away Pheonix. It was an amazing night. Most of the songs they played were off of People Who Eat People Are The Luckiest People In The World, and I'll always remember the last song that was played, People, ironically enough the closing track off of this album, and how the entire room seemed to resound in one glorious voice. For that one moment our prejudices and pretensions disappeared, and, maybe it was the pot in the air or the beer that got passed around, we were all one people, one voice, united like no way other in that room, in that moment, during that song.

God I sound like a faggot. I've hyped this album to be some amazing life affirming catharsis that you will most likely be disappointed by it.

oh well


REJOICE BECAUSE YOU'RE TRYING YOUR BEST



Thanks for the album Sean. I promise I'll never sell it on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment