Friday, October 9, 2009

Drudkh- Songs of Grief and Solitude


Drudkh trade in their usual post rock inspired black metal shenanigans for an album of straight acoustic melodies that bring to mind the glories of mighty Ukraine and the eventful day when the white man shall overcome their Jewish tyrants and---

Oops looks like I'm getting my Hate Forest mixed up with my Drudkh.

While I joke about their politics, I can't deny that Drudkh can make some very powerful music. This album earns it's title as the songs evince feelings of utter loneliness and despair. You feel lost in the huge world that Drudkh creates, clinging only to the simple and haunting melodies that guide you through a grim and frostbitten land of loss. Meaning that you will feel just like you're in Ukraine.

download

No comments:

Post a Comment